From April 2018 the 120 litre wheelie bin will be gradually phased out to be replaced with the 140 litre wheelie bin.
The only colours available in the new size currently are: Dark Grey & Blue.
The 120 Litre Wheelie bin is one of the most popular sizes for wheelie bins distributed across the UK today.
120 Litre wheelie bins are one of the most popular sizes of wheelie bins to be distributed to households by UK local councils. On average a 120 litre wheelie bin can hold two to three refuse bags. Therefore they are a popular choice for households with two to four permanent residents, and for small to medium sized businesses and organisations.
The 120 litre bins are available in five different colours which are: dark grey, green, blue, red and yellow and Dark grey. 120 litre wheelie bins are generally used for general waste collections. However, purchasing more wheelie bins in different colours can create an effective waste separation system to aid recycling.
Most commonly, the 120 litre green bins are used for garden waste, blue for paper and cardboard, red for plastics and yellow for food and drink cans and glass. This can be altered to your individual needs. For instance, private households may only require one dark grey bin for general waste and another two coloured wheelie bins for recyclables and garden waste.
Our 120 litre wheelie bin has a tough Polyethylene construction which is ideal for outdoor use. It is a durable material which is designed to withstand all of the elements, as well as providing resistance to cracks, dents and bending. The use of Polyethylene and the manufacturing process which creates the curved exterior of the bins, ensures that they are extremely robust and easy to clean and maintain. They can withstand the washing materials, enabling a disinfectant solution to be used when the bins require clearing, and are also resistant to Acid and Alkaline solutions, fungi and bacteria.
- Wheelie Bins made from Polyethylene to EU standards EN840
- Easily cleaned and resistant to Acid and Alkaline solutions, fungi, bacteria and washing materials
- On average a 120 litre wheelie bin can hold 2-3 refuse bags
- Fitted with 2 x 200mm wheels and a built in handle
- All wheelie bins can be used by standard DIN and AFNOR lifting equipment
- Available in a choice of five colours
Standard features & Specifications :
- External Dimensions: H940 x W460 x D550mm
- Internal Dimensions: H860 x W395 x D395mm
- Capacity: 120 Litre – 3 refuse bags
- Material: Polyethylene body, Stainless Steel axle
The EN840 standard is the regulation of mobile waste containers. To be accredited to this standard the wheeled bins must go through vigorous testing to ascertain whether they meet key requirements for their bin category.
The manufacturing process of the 120 litre wheelie bins ensures that they comply to the European Standard EN840.
They feature two large 200mm wheels which can easily roll over curbs and steps, making sure manoeuvrability is safe, quick and easy. The 120 litre wheelie bin complies to the EN840 regulations as it features a durable integrated handle which can be used with approved DIN and AFNOR lifting equipment.
- For free next day delivery please place your order before 10am
- If you are unsure which size wheelie bin you need we advise that you contact your council prior to ordering to check what size(s) they will collect