The 240 Litre Wheelie bin is one of the most popular sizes for wheelie bins distributed across the UK today.
On average a 240 litre wheelie bin can hold on three to four refuse bags. It is the recommended size for households which have five to six permanent residents living at the address and above. So it’s a popular choice for larger families which are likely to produce more general waste.
Most commonly, the 240 litre green bins are used for garden waste, blue for paper and cardboard, red for plastics and yellow for food and drink cans and glass. This can be altered to your individual needs. For instance, private households may only require one dark grey bin for general waste and another two coloured wheelie bins for recyclables and garden waste. The green 240 litre wheelie bin is the most popular size and colour for garden waste for private households.
Our 240 litre wheelie bin has a tough Polyethylene construction which is ideal for outdoor use. It is a durable material which is designed to withstand all of the elements, as well as providing resistance to cracks, dents and bending. The use of Polyethylene and the manufacturing process which creates the curved exterior of the bins, ensures that they are extremely robust and easy to clean and maintain. They can withstand the washing materials, enabling a disinfectant solution to be used when the bins require clearing, and are also resistant to Acid and Alkaline solutions, fungi and bacteria.
- Wheelie Bins made from Polyethylene to EU standards EN840
- Easily cleaned and resistant to Acid and Alkaline solutions, fungi, bacteria and washing materials
- On average a 240 litre wheelie bin can hold 3-4 refuse bags
- Fitted with 2 x 200mm wheels and a built in handle
- All wheelie bins can be used by standard DIN and AFNOR lifting equipment
- Available in a choice of five colours
Standard features & Specifications :
- Dimensions: H1080mm x W585mm x D730mm
- Internal Dimensions: H910 x W500 x D570mm
- Capacity: 240 Litre – 4 refuse bags
- Material: Polyethylene body, Stainless Steel axle
The EN840 standard is the regulation of mobile waste containers. To be accredited to this standard the wheeled bins must go through vigorous testing to ascertain whether they meet key requirements for their bin category.
The manufacturing process of the 240 litre wheelie bins ensures that they comply to the European Standard EN840.
They feature two large 200mm wheels which can easily roll over curbs and steps, making sure manoeuvrability is safe, quick and easy. The 120 litre wheelie bin complies to the EN840 regulations as it features a durable integrated handle which can be used with approved DIN and AFNOR lifting equipment.
- For free next day delivery please place your order before 10am
- If you are unsure which size wheelie bin you need we advise that you contact your council prior to ordering to check what size(s) they will collect